Wednesday 25 February 2009

Banana Bread

This is a Nigella recipe – http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=222 – and it is possibly the nicest banana bread I have ever had (even if I do say so myself!) I followed her recipe pretty much to the letter, the only changes I made were to soak the raisins in brandy as I didn’t have any rum and I did half butter and half Stork margarine to make the cake a bit lighter.
The melted butter seemed to make the mixture very runny so I also added an extra tablespoon full of flour at the end. It was still quite a wet mixture even after the added flour and I was quite dubious about whether or not it would work but as you can see from the picture, it rose perfectly! (I cooked mine for 1 hour and 10 minutes)

This cake lasted me 5 days and was still really soft and moist right down to the last piece. I just kept it wrapped in the grease proof paper it was cooked in and some cling film over that. I can really recommend this recipe and I hope you like it as much as we did.


Happy baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment